Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Losing Streak Starts Here

So this is what it's come to. I have been battling with weight issues since I landed in middle school, and now I'm resorting to some good old-fashion public humiliation to get myself on track. The truth is, I'm like so many other women who think about their body as many times a day as men think about sex. But at 34, I've reached a point in my life where it's no longer just about how I look, it's about how I feel (although I'd be lying if I said I didn't want the kick-ass body to go with the optimal health.)

Like countless other women, I've tried all the diets - with little to no success. Ok, no success. Weight Watchers, Atkins, The South Beach Diet, The Abs Diet - you name the food, I've either eaten it or given it up. This time, it's all me. It's my diet. I'm owning this weight loss and I'm not paying to have someone publicly weigh me or another book that collects dust on a shelf. And my hope is that others will help keep me on my toes.

I know what to do. No, honestly I do, I can prove it. Read Get on a Losing Streak and you'll wonder why the hell I can't practice what I preach. But I can, or at least I've convinced myself I can. And it all starts now. I don't plan on chronicling the ins and outs of my day. No one wants to read that. Instead, I'm going to cull all the information and recipes I pore through day after day in an effort to learn how to slowly, steadily, healthily lose the weight that's kept me from skinny jeans and a bikini for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment